Chris Kresser LLC
Opening for Staff Physician at CCFM
A rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing functional medicine center where you will learn from and work with two respected clinicians in the Paleo and functional medicine communities.
As we celebrate our first anniversary at the California Center for Functional Medicine (CCFM), we are excited to be in a continued rapid growth phase. Our clinicians are working full schedules and neither Chris Kresser nor Dr. Sunjya Schweig are accepting new patients. Dr. Amy Nett was hired last year to train and work closely with Chris. Dr. Nett opened her practice to new patients in November 2014. Today, her practice is nearly full and she will also have to stop accepting new patients soon.
We have an immediate need for clinicians to help us expand on our mission to create an internationally recognized center that provides treatment options for patients who have traditionally not been well served by the medical system.
CCFM is preparing to hire a fourth clinician to train and work alongside both Chris and Dr. Schweig. For the right person, this is a dream position—learning Chris and Dr. Schweig’s methods and processes, receiving practical, hands-on instruction, and stepping into a thriving, and rapidly growing practice with two thought leaders in the arena of modern functional medicine.
The right person for this opportunity:
- Is looking for a long-term position in a clinical setting. This should be a career move, not a stepping stone.
- Is intimately familiar with Chris’ work: follows his blog, listens to his podcast, has read his book, and is enthusiastic about his approach.
- Is willing and able to shadow Chris and Dr. Schweig in the clinic, learn their approaches, and show us that they can take on a full-time, clinical role.
- Is willing and interested in caring for complex, multi-layered health problems that require careful thought, attention to detail, and willingness to think outside of the box. This will include work with chronic infection patients such as Lyme disease, co-infections, chronic viral infections, etc.
- Is interested in assuming a leadership role in offering group visits (a new service CCFM is planning to offer to patients).
- Is interested in playing a teaching role in Chris’ clinician training program (ADAPT Framework, offered through the Kresser Institute).
- Licensed in CA as an MD, DO, ND, PA, or NP. (We are not currently accepting applications from LAcs, or DCs, though we may in the future).
- Some training in functional medicine.
- Familiarity with functional medicine lab testing (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc).
- Lives in the SF Bay Area and is able to come to our clinic to observe in-person appointments and listen in on phone appointments. Chris only sees patients on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so you’d have to be available for observation on those days.
- Willing to spend time during the training period on research, developing patient handouts, taking patient notes, responding to patient questions and needs on our electronic patient portal, and other tasks that contribute to your education in functional medicine and practice management while supporting us in our roles as clinic co-directors.
- Available part-time (15–20 hours/week) during the training and evaluation phase with the ability to ramp up to full time (24 patient hours/week, with 12–16 additional hours for admin, research, staff meetings, etc.) once you begin seeing patients.
This role will begin with an evaluation period of unpaid training and observation, quickly followed by generous hourly compensation as you work your way to a full schedule. Once you reach full-time status, health insurance and incentives are included. Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions.
Please complete the application below:
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Please upload a cover letter (1,200 word limit) describing why you are a good fit for this position. PDF document only, please.
Upload PDF only.
1,200 words or less.
Please upload a PDF copy of your resume.
Do Not Fill This Out