Chris Kresser LLC
Opening for NP/PA at CCFM
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing functional medicine center where you will work with two respected clinicians in the functional medicine and Paleo communities.
The California Center for Functional Medicine (CCFM) was created by Chris Kresser, M.S. L.Ac and Sunjya Schweig, MD. CCFM’s mission is to create an internationally recognized center that provides treatment options for patients who have traditionally not been well served by the medical system.
As we celebrate our first anniversary at the California Center for Functional Medicine (CCFM), we are excited to be in a continued rapid growth phase. Our clinicians are working full schedules and neither Chris nor Sunjya are accepting new patients. Dr. Amy Nett was hired last year to train and work closely with Chris. Dr. Nett opened her practice to new patients in November 2014. Today, her practice is nearly full and she will also have to stop accepting new patients soon.
CCFM is now seeking a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant to provide another layer of support to our patients and clinical staff. Initially, your responsibilities will be primarily related to fielding patient inquiries in the EHR and by phone, refilling prescriptions, ordering labs, and generally being a rover to cross cover our team. As CCFM continues to grow and evolve, and you gain more experience, there will likely be opportunities for you to train with Chris and Sunjya and step into a more direct patient-care role. This would be in both a support role to our clinicians as well as seeing your own patients.
CCFM is currently a lean, distributed clinic, with two small patient-care offices in Berkeley, CA and no front-desk or administrative staff space. Initially, you will mostly work remotely from your home or home office, and thus will need your own computer, printer, phone, and other equipment. However, because observation of the clinicians will be required during the training process, and because we expect to move into a shared office space in the future, at this time we are only accepting applications from people within easy commuting distance of Berkeley.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is looking for a long-term position in a clinical setting. This should be a career move, not a stepping stone.
- Can work remotely in a fast-paced environment with a distributed team, and is able to handle complexity and solve problems proactively and independently.
- Has experience working in a medical practice (functional and/or integrative medicine preferred).
- Has some training in functional and integrative medicine.
- Is comfortable with electronic health record software, and capable of learning new technologies quickly.
- Is willing and able to shadow Chris and Sunjya, learn their approaches, and demonstrate that they can eventually take on a full-time, clinical role.
- Is interested in caring for complex, multi-layered health problems that require careful thought, attention to detail, and willingness to think outside of the box. This will include work with chronic infection patients such as Lyme disease, co-infections, chronic viral infections, etc.
- Is interested in assuming a leadership role in offering group visits (a new service CCFM is planning to offer to patients).
- Is interested in playing a teaching role in Chris’ clinician training program (ADAPT Framework, offered through the Kresser Institute).
- Licensed in CA as an NP or PA.
- Familiarity with functional medicine lab testing (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc).
- Lives in the SF Bay Area and is able to come to our clinic to observe in-person appointments and listen in on phone appointments.
- Willing to spend time during the training period on research, developing patient handouts, taking patient notes, and other tasks that contribute to your education in functional medicine while supporting us in our roles as clinic Co-Directors.
- Available part-time (10–15 hours/week) during the training and evaluation phase with the ability to ramp up to full time when you begin seeing your own patients.
This role will begin with an evaluation period of unpaid training and observation, quickly followed by generous hourly compensation as you work your way to a full schedule in the practice. Once you reach full-time status, benefits are included. Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions.
Please complete the application below:
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Please upload a cover letter (1,200 word limit) describing why you are a good fit for this position. PDF document only, please.
Upload PDF only.
1,200 words or less.
Please upload a PDF copy of your resume.
Do Not Fill This Out